Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Fitness: Ashtanga Yoga - Dallas Yoga Center

So I was telling my friend Travis about Bikram Yoga and he insisted that his yoga, Ashtanga, was harder. So, after some banter back and forth we decided to make a challenge and that we both try each others yoga and then decided once and for all, who's was harder.

First I tried his. ...and, I LOVED it! It was actually a lot of fun! I felt like a school kid again and could barely contain my smile the whole time. It was flowy, twisty, bendy and at one point I literally couldn't get out of the position. I'm actually sitting here barely able to focus because I want to jump up and down and say "lets do it again!"

Priya was our teacher and I couldn't of asked for more from her. She was so peaceful and calm, yet fun. You could tell that she loved yoga and wanted you to get everything out of it. I highly recommend this place and feel free to join me any time! I'm definitely going back!

...It's been interesting relearning my body. I guess you don't notice when you put on a little bit of weight until your on your back with your knees bent over you to your ears, when you notice you have a few more fat rolls than you did before. It's hard to notice them when your belly button is literally in your face. It will be fun to see how my body changes as it gets reintroduced to a thing called endorphins.

Let's see if Travis can handle Bikram.

Love, Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Dear Ms. Beauregard,
    I have read all four posts and I now LOVE your blog! I am also very excited because if you write this well you will be a big hit on You+Media's blogs. Can't wait to introduce you to the world!
    Oh, and you are approximately 7 billion times healthier than I am ...

    ReplyDelete