Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Religion: Improvement Needed

I'm a fair weather Christian, actually an un-fair weather Christian.

That literally might be the hardest thing I'll ever have to admit. But, it's honestly true. When the chips are down and I'm going through a mental crisis, I lean all my weight on Him. But I've come to find out that when it's smooth sailing, I look to myself for inspiration.

When I look back at my closest times with the Lord, it was when I was going through a rough relationship or when I was lonely and alone. It's so easy to think of Him when you're scared, crying in your bed or needing His help. When you're having fun, running around with no worries, it actually takes effort to put time into your relationship with Jesus. That's where my problem comes in, I'm blessed to have this problem and it's mine to work on.

How lucky am I that I have a God that knows my faults and forgives me anyways?

Love, Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment