Sunday, June 27, 2010

Marriage: Take a Look

Paul and I made a revelation in our marriage this past weekend.

1. Communication is freakin key.
Not only with telling each other what's going on with our relationship, but taking a step back and looking at what's going on with my own life.

And 2. Don't loose who you are from when it was just you.
I absolutely loved being single. I did what I wanted, whenever I wanted, and never turn down the chance for fun. One night I would be out bowling, the next day horseback riding, and golfing every chance I could get. But, now that I'm married I've gotten that confused with not doing anything unless both of us can or want to do it. Big mistake. There is no problem with still having a spice for life, especially if your work schedules don't match up perfectly.

I'm looking forward to changing my thought process on what's "right" to do in my marriage and rekindling my time with Paul.

Love, Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment