Tuesday, June 22, 2010

TV Replacements: Painting Class

I've always wanted to take a painting class. So when Casey, of The Little Artsy, told me she had an adult art class coming up, I knew without hesitation that I wanted to join in!

I left work late, so I showed up a hour into the class and she made me feel like I didn't miss a step. She immediately taught me that it was all about layers and then let me go to town! There were absolutely no rules and I didn't pick up a paint brush once. I rolled over paint, smeared it around with paper towels, squished water over it to make it drip, and slathered a glossy varnish over the top to make the colors pop. It was the most relaxing, fun time I have had in awhile.


I'm desperate to do it again, but this time I want to bring some friends! Let me know if you're interested and we can make our own special class. She provides the canvas and all the supplies for only $50, and you get to walk out at the end of the night with a piece of art, created by you, to hang proudly on your wall! So special!

Love, Sarah

2 comments:

  1. MEEEE! Sarah I will go with you in a heartbeat, this is something I've been wanting to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. um you are the sweetest, seriously you are. and your painting looks gorgeous by the way :)!! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete